Find Details of EPF UAN Status, UAN Activation process, UAN Benefits in Transferring, withdrawal, correction (Address change, Date of birth and Name) and lots of benefits by UAN (universal Account Number by EPFO India).
EPF UAN Status & Activation process
EPF UAN is a 12 digit universal account number allocated to every EPF (Employees Provident Fund) member by the EPFO (Employee Provident Fund Organization). EPFO has launched the UAN (Universal Account Number) Portal to give various facilities to it members. To avail various facilities employee has to activate his/her registration.
Note: UAN number Allocated By EPFO Employee Provident fund Organisation India only. EPF UAN Status used to check whether UAN Number allotted for you or not. Most of the Employees can get UAN Number from Employers. But EPF UAN also Available online. Please note that employees before 1990 (i don’t know exact won’t UAN number). If UAN not Allocated you can Generate a Request for UAN Number at www.uanmembers.epfoservices.in.
You can check Both EPF UAN Status & UAN Generation Request status.
How to check EPF UAN Status Online?
- You can check EPF UAN (Universal Account number) status at epf portal, with following details.
- Only one thing is required that is PF Number, first select State and then PF office,
- Then enter the PF Account and click on submit to check UAN Status.
- Also, you can Check UAN Generation Request Status by Request ID for this you have to enter Request Id generated while you requesting UAN Number at EPF’s Portal.
Note: Only PF number required to check UAN Status.
EPFO UAN Number Verification
Above option useful to check either UAN number allocated or not. If allocated you will be prompted enter the following details to activate the UAN Number.
Details Required To Verify The UAN Number
The employee should have the following details to search their Universal Account Number (UAN).
- Employee Name – Name of the employee as given in PF Account.
- Date Of Birth – Employee Date of birth as given in the EPFO.
- Mobile Number – Currently working mobile number to get the Authorization Pin.
- PF Number – PF Number is printed on the salary slip.
How to Activate EPF’s UAN Number
When employee receive the UAN (Universal Account Number) by the employer. Employee can register his/her Universal Account Number through official website of Employees Provident Fund Organisation India by following the steps given below:
Note: For activating UAN number Email id, Phone Number, PF number and UAN Number required.
PART I: UAN Activation with PF
- Go to the link given here – http://uanmembers.epfoservices.in
- Click on the Button Activate UAN beneath login form.
- That will take you UAN Based registration Form,
- Enter Your Universal Account Number (UAN),
- Mobile Number, State and PF Office
- PF Number
Part 2 Activation of UAN With Mobile:
- Click on the GET PIN to receive the Authorization Pin on your mobile number through SMS.
- Once you receive Authorization Pin, Enter the Pin and submit the form.
- After submitting the form, A new window will open which says that Member Credentials are Verified.
Part 3 Activation of UAN Creating Password
- On the same window, you have to create the password for login to the EPFO member Portal.
- Once you create your password and submit the form, Registration process will complete.
- You can get UAN Number and password Through SMS to your mobile Number.
- You can Login to EPFO member Portal using your User ID (UAN) and Password.
Once you have UAN, It will help you in various ways given below:
EPF UAN Portal Login & Registration process:
UAN Registration process includes checking the status of EPF UAN number and activating at epfo portal.You can login with UAN number & Password. if you forgot the password, You can reset it by clicking forgot the password by providing UAN & Mobile Number.
If you forgot UAN Number then you can get it by EPF UAN status option by providing the provident fund account number.
How to get EPF UAN number without a job?
All Citizens of India. Now get EPF UAN Number before getting the job in future. As per EPFO India 20% of employees not getting PF amount due to their incorrect data and lack Awareness of transferring PF account balance to another account when moving to other company especially in private sectors.
EPF’S UAN (Universal Account Number) Benefits
- SMS Alert: Employees will receive monthly SMS alert of contribution by them and their Employer to the EPF account. An employee can check the total balance available in EPF account by downloading the EPF passbook from EPFO Member Portal.
- No Employer Involvement To Withdraw Funds: Employee will not require transfer request as money on the old account will automatically transfer to their new account once the present employer verifies the KYC details of the employee.
- No Fund Transfer Required: Once the present employer verifies the UAN and KYC details of the employee, The money from the old account of the employee will automatically get transferred to the employee new account.
4 main benefits by EPF UAN Number:
- Download/view/print latest Epf passbook account or statement.
- Transfer PF Account balance online to another pf account.
- Update KYC details like Date of birth, name change, Address Chane PAN and Aadhaar card and other etc.
- Paperless claims withdrawal online.
- A member can also view other members details.
Facilities Provided by EPFO Using epf UAN Number
Once employee registers their UAN through EPFO member Portal can use various facilities given below:
- download their Passbook/ UAN Card.
- View the list of previous member ID.
- A member can view Linking Status.
- A member can do File Transfer Claim and can check the Transfer claim status/ System generated transfer claim status.
- A member can update Email ID, Mobile Number, KYC Information, Password and Personal details.
- An employee can apply for the online PF Transfer.
- An employee can check the PF account balance using missed call facility from their registered mobile number.
PF Number VS EPf’s UAN Number
Provident Fund Number Changes when you moving to other company, But not UAN Number. Also, it holds all the PF Numbers with your data.
A UAN enabled mobile number can get balance details by giving a missed call. To know more please check EPFO SMS Services list.
If UAN Not allocated Generate New UAN
- Check The UAN status with PF Number. (If you UAN Not allocated).
- Then UAN portal prompt to enter the following details to generate a New UAN number.
- Member name
- Date of birth
- Email ID
- Phone Number
- Username (your UAN Generate later)
- Password (set it but don’t forget)
- Click on authorize your mobile number.
- you will get a message like Your UAN generation requested accepted, it will take 7 days to process the changes.
- You can Get UAN Request ID on the screen so it useful to track UAN generation request.
- Once you Got UAN Go back to UAN portal and login.
Summary of epf uan status: 1st step check Epf uan status, 2nd step if allocated go for UAN activation if not generate epf uan request. once theEpf UAN number allocated. you can activate it by providing Aadhaar,PAN epf number details as mentioned above.