All About EPF A Glance (UAN, balance checking process, claim status, TDS on epf, online payment, etc).the EPF (Employees Provident Fund Organization) Improving online facilities to provide transparency in PF transactions.The EPFO Formed in the provisions of Act 1952 with 20+ employees. This Government Authority Now providing UAN cards for every citizen of India regardless of employment. I too got a UAN Number without Employment.
EPF UAN Login Balance check etc
What is meant by UAN (Universal Account Number)?
The UAN is a 12 digit universal account number for your PF where you will obtain from your employer. Moreover, it is not your fresh EPF account number instead of it is a number in which your complete EPF account numbers will be included. Apart from that, you’re all earlier and present PF account numbers will be connected to your UAN number. The EPOF is attempting to associate directly to the workers. In fact, it will decrease the function of the company as a proper only employer can check the identity of workers; however, the slow intervention of owner is going to diminish.
The great part of UAN doesn’t require an employer. If your employer is not offering you your UAN then you can get directly in the UAN online web portal in the trouble free manner. Utmost every EPFO members have been offered UAN. At present, EPFO is putting effort to offer UAN to the EPF members those who are unemployed. Thus, it is recommended to each EPF beneficiaries to obtain their UAN problem. At present, even without a job as well as graduates those who have never worked can still obtain UAN.
How to check your EPF balance at epfo?
Here are the steps which will be helpful for you to check your respective EPF account balance in the online in a reliable method. You need to just simply follow the below following steps properly in order to check your EPF account balance. You have to keep in your mind is never forget to skip any steps which are mentioned below.
- At first, you have to keep your EPFO account number whereas it is defined on our pay slip
- Now, tap on the below link to verify your EPF balance on the EPFO website, http://www.epfindia.gov.in/.
- Choose the state where your corresponding PF office is located.
- Now, choose the proper EPFO regional office and then your PF number is an alphanumeric number as well as, the initial two letters stand for the regional office. For example, if your PF number is PY/54321/9876 then select PY as regional office code.
- Now, fill out the online applications form along with your respective name, then contact number as well as your PF number properly. In the primary text box, you want to enter the seven digits key. After that, in the other box fill out the 3 digit establishment code or leave it blank if you don’t have it. At last, the account number 9876 in the last text box and tap submit button.
Hence, you will get an SMS within 5 minutes along with your EPFO account balance, if your records are updated along with EPFO office. Otherwise, it will display you a data not found. In addition, you have to obtain in connect along with your employer in that instance or else wait for a bit time longer for your data to be updated.
Other ways you can check by epf balance through UAN Number, Epf balance passbook statement. You can check Epf Balance by SMS or Missed call. (know more check below page).
Check Pf balance by UAN Number and password
Password of Epf portal must remember, But UAN number allocated by epfo it not allows any changes like the password.
first of all login epfo member UAN portal. check for available services like balance transfer, epf statement Update KYC details partial withdrawal and other so on.
You can view PF balance online by logging into uanmbers.epfomembers.com
Check epf balance at EPO members portal
Login to epfo members portal if you did not enable UAN, it is one of the traditional ways.
after logged in, check the available service at upper navigation bar. and select and epf balance you can view download epf account statement.
Epf statement includes your contribution of 8.33* and employer contribution of 3.67 and interest rate of 8-12% based on financial year accumulated every month/year.
How to download epf passbook or PF statement?
you can download at epfo members portal by logging into epfo portal and again accessing services>> pf passbook >> download path.
2nd way to download PF statement using UAN members portal by proving login credentials like UAN number and password.
How to Check epf Account balance on mobile?
4 ways to check your pf claim status and account balance on your smartphone.
- UsIng SMS service,
- check pf balance Missed call services provided by employee provident fund organization of India (Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kolkata etc branches)
- Download epf Android App from google play store. IOS app for epf balance India may not be available.
- Simple way access epfo portal on your mobile browser to avoid storage limits on your device.
Also, check Loan Against epf amount in next article.
Some basic input details for knowing pf balance and claim /refund /transfer status
Know your PF Number & Member id format
- State Code: 2 digits.
- PF office code: 3 Digits
- Establishment code: Up to 7 digits
- Extension code: 3 Digits
- PF Account number: Up to 7 digits.
pf number example: DS-SHD-1234567-00C-0012345
you can search establishment code by regional pf offices like epfo Delhi, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, AP, Bangalore. Mumbai, Kolkata etc.
Establishment code is Company Identification code,
extension code in pf: if the company have branches extension code will be OOA, 00B, c like.if the company have no branches then leave it blank or enter 000. last final 7 digits is our pf number.its ok we can see our pf number in the salary slip.
State and Epf office code automatically generated by epfo portal, all you have to enter remaining details along with your PF account number(which is printed on your pay slip).
you can retrieve establishment code and extension code on epfo portal.
Linking Aadhaar card & Pan card with Epf account
This feature only available for UAN activated members. so those members can update address, pan number, and aadhaar card online at uan members portal.
- first of all, login or register at http://uanmembers.epfoservices.in/, once your UAN number activated.
- you can update all your KYC details, Tax details online.
- check below path to update aadhaar number and PAN.
- epfo>>services>>employee>>update>>KYCS>>selcts document>>Aadhaar/ PAN>>
- Document Type>> proof identity / Proof of adress>> Document number >>(enter aadhaar / pan number>>
- select the document to upload to the epf portal.
- once you updated the details its take up to 15days to process your request.
How to Check EPF Claim Status?
You can also verify your EPF claim status through online within few minutes, just sampling sitting at your home or anywhere end of the country. The government has created it very simpler to verify the claim status via online. In fact, it has the digitalized the EPFO portal. With aid of this web portal, you can easily able to find your EPFO claim status through the following simple steps. In order to do this procedure, you only need to know your respective PF account number.
check Pf claim status / Transfer @ pf India
- At first, go to the corresponding website link http://www.epfindia.com/site_en/KYCS.php,
- Then, choose by clicking on the button Click on know the pf claim status, Select state
- Now, choose the PF office state and then select the place of the EPFO office situated
- After that, you have to fill out the respective details as explained below
- Extension number- fills the number if you have it or else leave it blank
- Establishment code– fill out the 7 digit establishment number on the page
- Account number –fill out your account number
- PF Number or member id contains Maximum 22 digits with Alphanumeric character.
State code: 2 digits
Note: you have to remember your PF account numbers does not have an extension or sub code or else establishment code. Thus, so leave it empty if you do not have it.
Now, tap on the submit tab. And it will display your EPF claim status in front of you.
TDS Deduction on EPF
The employees, those who have been participating towards EPF account from their earning, may require withdrawing an amount after leaving the work. In addition, if the worker withdraws EPF amount on or else later five years as well as the entire withdrawal is lower than fifty thousand INR, and then there will be no TDS deduction on that Cash. However, if the worker withdraws EPF amount earlier five years after the amount is equal to otherwise greater than fifty thousand then the TDS will be surely deducted at the source.
- So below 50,000 withdrawal no TDS as on 5/30/2016 in the term early 5 years.
- Early 5 years withdrawals are fully taxable as per IT section 80 C. IF PAN not submitted tax rate is 34.6%, if Pan submitted then 10% of the Tax.
- IF 15G or 15H Submitted No tax will be deducted. 15G (below 60 years) 15H (60+ years) available at income tax portal.
- After 5 Years No TDS.
- Employee Provident Fund is exempted from TDS (2016 budget issue)
Note: The Interest rate on PF Account balance as per 2016-17 financial year is 8.75% / Year. better than saving & Fixed deposit account.
how much of percentage of Pf deduction on monthly salary?
Ans: for only EPF Scheme 12% from basic salary.
Employee and employer contribution to PF Amount
- 12% (8.33% Epf + 3.67 EPS) from employee or epf scheme & pension scheme,
- 8.3% from employer share for Employee pension Scheme 1.1 to 6% by Epfo contribution,
- employee deposit linked insurance scheme: employee contribution 0.5% from total wages insurance benefit up to 3,60,000.
The Epf contribution will not exceed 15,000 INR Per month.
PF withdrawal limits:
- Employee pension Fund can available after completion 9.6 years of service and 58 years age.
- TDS On early 5 years withdrawals, Not allowed to withdraw full pf amount (only your contribution with interest).
loan against epf Account interest rate
- You can take the loan from following cases education, marriage, Home / Plot (buy or renovate), To pay existing home repayment you have to wait minimum 10 years.
- For getting the Loan you have to complete 5 years of service.
- you can 24times loan amount based on your (basic salary and DA).
EPF Online payment by using SBI bank account
- Simply pay your EPF subscriptions through online either for Saral/Vistaar and Vyapar.
- At first, you have to go to the official website link of Employee Provident Fund (EPF) such as http://www.epfindia.com and tap on “online ECR/Challan submission” as well as produce the TRRN.
- In order to pay the epf payment at the online SBI web portal
- The Corporate User/Saral user has to login to the corporate internet banking as well as go ahead to the menu payment/Transfers > EPF.
- Now, enter the exact and valid TRRN, select your debit account as well as tap on the submit button later checking the given details.
- The authorized user for that particular account has to authorize this transaction. It is not applicable for Saral as it is having an only single user.
- Later authorization, the challan can be observed /printed for your convenience of corporate user/Saral user in,
- Reports > Reprint Challan in order to print/save. Check out epf payment options.
UAN Member Portal Login Registration Services
First of all, we have to know UAN Number of Our PF Account. for this, we have to check UAN status By Pf number at uan member portal. I guess Uan Members portal down since few days. but epfo launched New Unified Uan Portal for Both employers and employees. Some UAN Members struggling to get the Right UAN Portal for their login.
UAN Status & Activation Online at UAN Portal
UAN Status: visit the UAN Members portal and click on check UAN Status right below the UAN Login form. Enter your PF Account Number. select state and your EPFO Office click on get UAN status. If UAN Number allocated then Next you are going activate UAN Number.
Step 2: Generating UAN Number: Members can enter the following details in order to activate UAn Number online. Member name, Mobile Number, Date of Birth,
Member name, Mobile Number, Date of Birth,
Setting Password For UAN Portal: UAN Portal Must be the Strong password to avoid security issues. 8-32 character and with Mix of Small, capital letters, Numbers, and symbols.
After setting the password and enter captcha code and click on Authorize to get a confirmation message by SMS to your mobile. enter the code to activate UAN Online.
within few days your will get UAN Number SMS. then you are able to login to UAN Portal.
How to login to UAN portal
If you got UAN details By SMS, then your can visit UAn Members portal and enter your UAN Number and password to login. After success full login you can choose various services by offered epfo uan Portal.
TO know more about UAN portal visit UAN Portal section.
what is pf member id?
Pf Member id is 22 digits number while uan is 12 digits number if you want link pf member id with UAN number. You can do it by sending SMS from UAN Member mobile number.
Member id created By employer while you joining with the company. Still not get the idea about Pf Member ID it’s Your PF Number.
you may cross check by is Pf member id and Pf Number same?
how to get member id for uan registration?
you can know it on your monthly salary slip regarding monthly pf contribution to pf Account number/pf member id.Its contains State/ Regional pf office code and establishment code and pf number.
www.epfindia.gov.in>>uan services>>process flow for portability & first time employment.
The Employer has to add new employees to the EPFO scheme. if members already have pf account with a previous registrar. or new to epfo.
adding the new member to epfo available at our epfo employer portal section.
- epfo login,
- epf balance status,
- PF claim status,
- Pf payment online SBI and other,
- UAN login Status & Activation,
- TDS on PF,
- PF form download,
- PF office locator,
Also, check PF Rules. Epf Account for Self-employment professionals or visit epf homepage.